Pages

2.24.2013

of drunken nights and pretty pictures

Last night the Mr. had a show. I got slightly tipsy. Ok, fine, slightly drunk. I haven't been legit drunk in a while, and let me tell you, it was really fun. The music was good, the drinks were good, my friends were there. It was a good night. It was definitely a dramatic change in emotion, a sudden high, like those rides at amusement parks that shoot you up in the air really fast. I was so, so happy

And then I woke up this morning, sober and, well, sober.

All I've been able to think about is how this weekend was full of splurges. And I'm just...just defeated and tired. The kind of tired where you just really wish you could lie down, close your eyes, and never wake up.

Here's some pretty pictures.













2 comments:

  1. Being intoxicated is great. But the day after, all it really does (in my experience) is highlight how unhappy you were to begin with. You ate apples and cheese for dinner? So not fair! My boyfriend insists on making extravegant meals and it only causes tension because I refuse to eat them =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. I love how happy I feel when I'm intoxicated, but I'm not sure if it's worth feeling like shit the next day. It's like an emotional hangover.

      Sometimes I get away with small meals for dinner. It's better now that the Mr. has decided to cut out carbs and a lot of sugar. But we definitely still have tension too. I feel like I've gotten myself into this weird cycle of not eating anything until I eat dinner with him and then over-eating in a binge/attempt to show him that I'm eating. :/

      Delete