Pages

4.14.2013

of plateaus

Plateaus are strange.

In all instances, really. I mean have you ever stopped to think about how strange actual plateaus are? Like someone grabbed hold of a mountain and sliced off the top. Like giant birthday cakes littered across the western plains.

I'm coming off a plateau. I've noticed this happens about every 10 pounds. I hit 130 lbs and stayed there. For weeks. I was so frustrated. And then suddenly, the numbers dropped. The dropped and dropped and then I hit 120 lbs. And then I stayed there. I stayed there for what felt like a hundred years. In reality it was about one month. Maybe two months? And now suddenly the numbers are dropping again. I waffled between 118 lbs and 119 lbs for a while, but now they're dropping. Quickly.

Sometimes it almost scares me how quickly they drop. 

I've hit 116 lbs now. I'm so close to my first goal weight! So close.

This is the point where that little voice starts asking me, When are you going to stop?

I'm not sure how to answer that.

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind at all:) congrats on breaking your plateau!

    ReplyDelete