Pages

4.28.2014

i'm going to be better at this

Hi, I'm Kay and sometimes I write things.

You guys said such sweet things on my last post. Thank you. You are all so lovely, and I'm so glad I know you.

Life.

I'm going to try to summarize.

I saw my psychiatrist today, and she told me she's leaving. It shouldn't have taken me by surprise. I am still attending the small walk-in clinic at the hospital. The clinic that is full of students completing their residency. They come and go like waves, and I have planted myself stubbornly in the sand, pretending not to notice.

I don't know why I am so reluctant to move on. The Recovery Center provides psychiatric services now. I could go there.

I could.

I feel so disjointed lately. I haven't seen Molly in two weeks because of random schedule conflicts. I am no longer seeing her for my individual DBT therapy. I was given a choice, but I knew there was really only one right answer. Now I meet with one of the leaders of my group. He is awkward and brusque, but earnest in a way that genuine people are.

Last week I learned that several people in my group will be graduating soon. I'm already dreading it. I love the people in my group, and the upheaval of graduation and potential new members makes me queasy.

 The scale has not been my friend lately. And I am caught in the trap I've created. The one where I can't really talk about how I really feel because if I do the dietitian argument will flare back up. Or worse, people will start mentioning "more intensive options." I hate the numbers I keep seeing. I hate how I feel. I hate how I look. But I hate those conversations more.

A few months ago my boss told me that I had to start working extra hours to make up for my lost time. My time lost to therapy.

Everyone is forgiving of a mental illness until it becomes an inconvenience.

I'm not as angry now. I was. I was furious. Work was already an almost insurmountable task, and then she piled more on. I wouldn't say I'm happy about it now. I suppose I've just been trying not to think about it very much. I've been trying not to think about much unless I have to. I let myself go numb because otherwise, I just plunge into anxiety. Which lately has led to drinking too much wine and inevitably crying all over the Mr.

But there are good things too. And because I am tired of thinking so much, I'll just show you some more pictures instead.

Good thing #1: My front yard no longer looks like this.
Good Thing #2: The Arizona sunshine I was able to experience when my yard DID look like that.
Good Thing #3: New glasses!


Good Thing #4: Springtime! And finally being able to show off my new tattoo!

Good Thing #5: This sweet guy.

Good Thing #6: And this sweet guy.

Good Thing #7: And this (sometimes) sweet little girl.

And of course, the Mr. My best friend. My husband. My always.


I promise I will try to catch up on your posts soon!





4 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos Kay!
    Now I know that you are beautiful outside as well as inside

    Take care of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love your good thing list. We all should do good things with pictures posts. I guess my good thing today is that it's a month until my birthday and I'm finally getting my passport. Haven't caught up with you in a while. You're cats are adorable! The first one is so big! I hope you're doing alright hon, even with all the changes. Things will get better. If you don't want to go towards those scary conversations, focus on things that will keep you out of "more intensive options." I know it's easier said than done. Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a sad truth about EDs that they make us *want* to be sick, and it makes it so much harder to move on from compared to other psychiatric disorders. I'm sorry things are so up in the air with your psychiatrist and Molly and group members coming and going. Change can be scary when it comes to treatment but I guess learning to cope with it can be part of the whole picture. It's unfair that your boss is making you work extra hours to make up for therapy, of all things. I hope it doesn't put too much extra stress on you :-/

    I adore the photos. Cat #1 has the best expression on his face! Your hair color is gorgeous, and the Mr. has such blue, blue eyes. I know snow isn't all fun and games, but I love the photo of your front yard. It just seems magical to me.

    Love you dear. Take care as best you can <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg love your tattoo!
    How are you doing my dear?
    Hope you're taking care? Thinking of you, all my love xx

    ReplyDelete