Pages

1.07.2014

tired



"The world is too big, Mom." -a young Clark Kent in Man of Steel

There is so much depth inside that sentence that I could never explain with words. You don't have to be a superhero to understand it, to feel it. It is a constant presence for the lost, the lonely, the ones who don't belong. It is a landslide of emotion, and I know it well. 

The world is too big.

It's too much.

It buries me before I even have a chance.


...

“That's the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it's impossible to ever see the end.” 
― Elizabeth WurtzelProzac Nation


Tonight I am tired, and there is no end in sight.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen Man of Steel, but that quote hit me hard. It's perfectly succinct. The world is too big. Everything is too much.

    It's very true, the second quote. As much as others try to tell me otherwise, there is no end in sight, no light at the end of the tunnel. There is no way out. Just deeper darkness.

    I hope you're okay dear. You're in my thoughts <3 xx

    ReplyDelete